Technical Theater 2
Mr. Jeff Neugebauer Office Hours:
928-634-7531ext1143 Daily: 8:00 to 8:30, 3:30 to 4:00
To directly involve students in the technical aspects of the Drama Department's productions.
To help students analyze and critique the design elements found in productions.
To gain a practical approach to problem solving, leadership and team works.
To expose students to the history of theatrical design and current trends in technical theater.
This class will emphasis the students decision making process, implantation of complex construction techniques.
Safety Scenery Construction Properties Rigging Lighting Sound Stage Practices Mechanics
Grades will be updated online in the P.A.S.S. system once a week. Progress reports will be sent home every three weeks and must be signed by a parent and returned to class for credit. If you have questions or wish to discuss your student’s progress I am available during office hours, by appointment and email, Please do not hesitate to contact me.
100 to 97:A+ 96 to 94:A 93 to 90:A-
89 to 87:B+ 86 to 84:B 83 to 80:B-
79 to 77:C+ 76 to 74:C 73 to 70:C-
69 to 67:D+ 66 to 64:D 63 to 60:D-
59 or below: F
- Classwork, Labs, Log Books 20%
- Student Engagement 40%
- Tests/Quizzes. 10%
- Final 20%
- Performance Attendance 10%
Students are responsible to attend one performance of each major production.
For the optimum learning experience for your student, I ask that the following be adhered to:
· When the class starts, be settled in your seats and do the assigned bell work.
· Please come prepared with paper, pencil, and the appropriate books for class.
· No eating in the classroom or gum chewing.
· Water only in the classroom.
· No electronic device usage unless it is sanctioned by the instructor. Cell phone usage is particularly troublesome to me. Not only does it impair the students learning, but the use of cell phones pose a severe safety hazard in my classroom.
· Respect your peers, teacher and visitors to the classroom.
· Please raise your hand to be recognized.
· Student/Teacher Discussions
· Teacher/Parent Discussions
· Referral to Administration
Safety glasses, #2 pencils
Tissues, #2 pencils, paper, black dry erase markers, colored pencils and highlighters
I look forward to this year and having your student in my class!
I have read and understand Mr. Neugebauers’ Technical Theater Syllabus. I will take an active role in monitoring academic progress in this class. If I should have any questions or concerns at any time during the year, I will contact Mr. Neugebauer in person, or by email.
Student Signature Date
Parent Signature Date
Parent email Parent Phone #
Please print your student and your name. I have had difficulties being able to read some writing in the past.
Have your student return this to me, it is an assignment and is worth 20 points.